By using Take It Easy, you agree to all the terms below.In detail
Welcome to 'Take it Easy – Instant Protection from MSIG'('Site'). This Site is owned and operated by MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Bhd (46983-W).
Take It Easy lets you buy insurance in a superfast and super convenient way.In detail
Description of Service
'Take it Easy - Snap Cover from MSIG' is an online insurance services provided by MSIG. In this Site, you may purchase specific insurance products online in just a few simple clicks away ('Services'). Prior to making any purchase, please read the Product Disclosure Sheet and terms and conditions for your selected insurance product carefully. You may also submit claims online for the insurance products you have purchased via this Site.
If you have any questions, check out our FAQs.In detail
It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions of the insurance products carefully prior to purchasing. We know that this may be a daunting task - insurance jargons, policy wordings etc are not exactly easy to understand. Whilst we have made things easier for you to digest in the FAQs, we strongly encourage you to find out more about the basics of insurance. You may access http://www.insuranceinfo.com.my for starter.
Find out more about our commitment to great service by checking out our Client Charter.In detail
Your confidence in our insurance products and Services are very important to us. We also place great importance in ensuring that claims are paid fairly and promptly. To find out more on our claims processes, our commitment to enquiries and complaints and our core values, please visit our Client Charter at http://www.msig.com.my.
When using Take It Easy, just be honest and responsible and all will be smooth-sailing!In detail
Use of Services
The Services is available to individuals who are (a) 18 years of age and over; (b) Malaysians, Permanent Residents, Non Residents, Work Permit/Employment Pass Holders or otherwise legally employed persons in Malaysia and their Dependents. You shall not use the Services or submit to us anything which:
- is in breach of any law, statute or regulation of any Malaysian laws;
- is fraudulent, criminal or unlawful;
- is inaccurate or out of date; or
- impersonate any other person or body or misrepresents a relationship with any person or body.
You agree to comply at all times with any instructions for use of the Services which we make from time to time.
Besides info on insurance products, there may be times when we're not completely updated. Bear that in mind and if you need clarification, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.In detail
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information and materials are correct, no warranty or representation, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate, up to date, fit for a particular purpose and to the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for errors or omissions. This shall not affect any obligation which we may have under any contract that we may have with you to provide you with the insurance products.
To the maximum extent permitted by law and in all cases other than in respect of insurance products or insurance services that we provide herein (which shall be governed by its own contractual terms), we disclaim all liability whatsoever whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to the Site and all implied warranties, terms and conditions of the Site including any warranty, term or condition as to the satisfactory quality, performance, availability, non-infringement, interoperability of the Site as between you and us.
Please don't misuse our trademarks or brand name - that's just not nice!In detail
Intellectual Property Rights
The 'Take it Easy – Instant Protection from MSIG', 'MSIG' name and logos and all relate names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of us. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published in it. You must not without our permission use or copy any material from the Site onto your own or other websites.
There may be links on our Site, but we're not responsible for where it may take you or what happens when you're there.In detail
Links to 3rd Parties' Sites
This Site may be linked to other websites which are not maintained by us ('3rd Parties' Sites'). We do not have any control over such 3rd Parties' Sites and unless stated, in which MSIG are not responsible for and do not endorse any of the said website or their availability or contents. The use of the said website shall be at your own risk.
We need certain information from you in order to serve you better. We keep your information secured but from time to time, we may need to release certain details as required by law. You may also receive promotional emails from us - just drop us a note if you want this to stop.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you'd like more info!In detail
When you agree to purchase an insurance policy on this Site or use other Services provided in this Site, you will be asked to provide certain information which is required, obligated and necessary, without which it may not be possible for us to provide our insurance products and services to you. Such data includes but not limited to your name and identification details such as identity card or passport particulars. If you are giving us information of your family members, please make sure that you have obtained their consent for you to do so and for us to process their information in order for us to extend our insurance products and services to your family members.
We use the data we collect to provide the insurance products and services you request, to inform you of our insurance products and services and to manage our Site and Services. The following are ways we may use your data:-
- to provide you with our general insurance or related products and services related to the same
- to vary, cancel or renew the general insurance or related products that you have with us
- to process any credit, security, underwriting checks and insurance claims in relation to your insurance products and any subsequent legal proceedings
- to exercise any right of subrogation by us
- for statistics and research
- for marketing (including direct marketing) for general insurance products and services or related products and services by us, our affiliates and business partners
- for complying with disclosure requirements imposed by law or regulatory authorities on us, our affiliates and business partners
- for the daily operation and administration of services and facilities in relation to the general insurance products provided to you
In line with the purposes stated above, we do reserve the right to disclose such personal data or such portion thereof to the following parties (where necessary):-
- our related, subsidiary or affiliated companies within MS & AD Insurance Group, in and out of Malaysia, including inter-departments within MSIG
- any other company carrying out insurance or reinsurance related business in or out of Malaysia
- any association or federation of insurance companies that exists or is formed from time to time
- any agent, contractor or 3rd party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, claims handling, loss adjusting or other services relating to insurance products or any member of MS & AD Insurance Group
- any credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies or panel lawyers
- any persons or corporate entities to whom MSIG is obligated to disclose under the requirement of any law relating to MSIG or any of its affiliates or partners
- any governmental or judicial bodies or regulators.
Under the applicable data protection law, you have the right to request and obtain access to your personal data we currently hold on you. You can also request to correct or update any information or data you provide to us.
You may also, by written notice to us, opt-out from receiving promotional email or postal communications or otherwise from us or our business partners on insurance or financial products.
We shall store and/or retain all personal data for as long as it is received for the fulfillment of our obligations to you or pursuant to any legal obligation imposed upon us in the course of provision of our insurance products and related services thereof or by virtue of any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.